We are looking to hire an English speaking Data Visualization Engineer, specifically a team member who understands data and can tell a story visually. In this role, you will need to work with data and, naturally, have critical thinking and problem-solving skills. If you think that you would fit this role, or if you are just interested in knowing more about JTA then either complete the form shown here or send us a message.
Your goal is to transform data into images which will help the client to make better decisions from the story that the data is telling.
Responsibilities of a Data Visualization Engineer
- Build interactive dashboards, animations and reports to show the insights coming from the team’s work.
- Convey complex ideas as stories in both technical and non-technical ways.
- Engaging with other colleagues and be able to exchange knowledge and also using creative visualizations to assist decision making.
- You must be able to work with a variety of audiences.
- Looking for and adopting innovative techniques and tools will ensure the team is at the forefront of data analysis and visualization, consequently this is a great benefit that you should bring.
Required Skills for a Data Visualization Engineer
- Past experience creating elegant visuals for complex data sets.
- History of designing, developing and maintaining software applications.
- Knowledge of data science and why is so important to tell the story the right way.
- An appreciation of how to trouble shoot and manage scalability issues.
- Think critically, work independently and collaborate with engineering partners.
Optional but Relevant Skills:
- TypeScript and D3.js
- Familiarity with tools, such as Power BI and Reporting Services
- Ability to develop OLAP cubes to control the underlying data and security used in your visualizations
- Knowledge of HTML and web fundamentals (CSS, HTTP, security, performance, etc.)
We also have a job opportunity for a Data Scientist that may be of interest to you.